Research and Homework
Not all of our collection sits on the shelves in the stacks...
We have added the following online tools/databases to our library collection:
- The Native Health Database contains bibliographic information and abstracts of health-related articles, reports, surveys, and other resource documents pertaining to the health and health care of American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Canadian First Nations.
- TOXMAP® is an interactive map from the US National Library of Medicine®. It displays EPA data on toxic chemical sources acrosss the country, including mines, nuclear, and oil and gas plants. It also displays native lands, demographics, cancer rates, and other health data.
- Available as a service to Alaskan students in grades K-12 and intro-level college students
- Read Current and Archived Magazines, Newspapers, and More: Full Text Articles for Alaskans
- Everything Alaskan; Resources for History and Genealogy, Social Services, Business info, Government, Law, Religion, and more...
Tutorials on internet use, computer use, software, social media, and more...